Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda:
Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
1. ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 20 JULY 2023
2. MAYORAL MINUTE - UPDATE ON MEETINGS WITH NEW NSW GOVERNMENT MINISTERS An update with items arising from meetings with the Office of Ministers for Local Government, Transport, Climate Change & Environment and Planning.
3. MAYORAL MINUTE - IDLING OF PRIVATE BUSES CAUSING EXCESSIVE AIR POLLUTION Proposal to write to local schools who contract bus services to advise drivers to not idle excessively outside schools.
ORDERS OF THE DAY
NOTICES OF MOTION
4. NOTICE OF MOTION - REPORT INTO PROPOSED FREE PERIOD PRODUCT TRIAL Proposal that Council Receives a report from Council Officers on a pilot program of supplying free period products in Council-run libraries, pools, community centres, sporting ground change rooms, and highly utilised public toilets.
5. NOTICE OF MOTION - MOTION FOR LGNSW CONFERENCE REGARDING LGNSW CONFERENCE LOCATIONS Proposal that Council submits a motion to the 2023 LGNSW Conference calling on LGNSW to introduce a policy that prohibits the hosting of LGNSW conferences, events, or functions at racing venues, including race clubs and similar establishments, due to the associated problems and negative impacts such venues may pose.
6. NOTICE OF MOTION - REPORT INTO COUNCIL'S POTENTIAL LIABILITY FOR DEFECTS IN THE IMPROVEMENTS AT 266 LONGUEVILLE ROAD Proposal hat Council receives a report at its next meeting outlining Council’s potential liability under Section 33 of Residential Apartment Buildings (Compliance and Enforcement Powers) Act 2020 as developer of the improvements to be constructed at 266 Longueville Road.
NOTING that this Notice of Motion is addressed by the response provided in relation to the Question with Notice included in the Business Paper.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
7. STRATEGY FOR ACQUISITION OF PROPERTIES IN ST LEONARDS SOUTH FOR OPEN SPACE AND SALE OF THE CLOSED SECTION OF BERRY LANE Proposal to adopt plans to proceed with voluntary acquisition of land in the St Leonards South Masterplan area for the purposes of providing a new public park between Berry Road and Park Road.
8. COMMUNITY RENEWABLES PROGRAM - PROCUREMENT EVALUATION Proposal to approve the collaboration with Shine Hub to deliver the Community Renewables Program.
9. EMISSIONS AND WATER USE TARGETS REVIEW Note the report on progress on Council targets to reduce emissions and water usage. Secondly, support an interim target of 55% emissions reduction by 2030 from 2016/17 levels in the next revision of the Sustainability Action Plan.
10. ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR 2022/23 - REFERRAL FOR AUDIT That Council refers its 2022/23 financial accounts to external auditors for audit purposes, pursuant to section 413 of the Local Government Act 1993.
11. LLOYD REES MEMORIAL YOUTH ART AWARD - REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF NAME Proposal to approve the change of name from the Lloyd Rees Memorial Youth Art Award to the Lloyd Rees Emerging Artist Award.
12. APPOINTMENT OF COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVES TO THE THEATRE SPACE PLANNING REFERENCE GROUP; THE AGE-FRIENDLY LANE COVE COMMITTEE AND THE PUBLIC ART COMMITTEE Proposal to (1) Endorse nominees for the Theatre Space Planning Reference Group: (2) Readvertise for nominees for the Age-Friendly Committee (3) Call for further nominations for the Public Art Advisory Committee.
13. TRAFFIC COMMITTEE - JULY 2023 Proposal to instal pedestrian refuge island in Centennial Ave. Plus traffic changes to Riverview St, Kyong St and Parklands Ave, road closures for Lane Cove Rotary Fair, Chisholm St, Lincoln St and Sirius Rd,
14. FOURTH QUARTER REVIEW - 2022/23 DELIVERY PROGRAM AND OPERATIONAL PLAN Proposal that Council receive and note the Fourth Quarter Review of the 2022/23 Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
15. OUTCOME OF THE NEGOTIATIONS FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A HEAD CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTOR FOR THE LANE COVE SPORT AND RECREATION FACILITY This report outlines the progress and finalisation of the negotiations with ADCO Constructions for the construction of the Lane Cove Sport and Recreation facility. The negotiations have resulted in Council achieving a total project cost of $75 million, in line with Council’s previous resolutions. The revised pricing includes risk transfer from the previous construction only arrangements to a full D&C lump sum contract with ADCO fully responsible for all design aspects, including errors and omissions. Stage one works have now commenced in line with Council's resolution with the overall project due for completion in August 2025. It is recommended the report be received and noted.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
16. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT JULY 2023 New statistic reported how many cars are using Council's 21 Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations.
QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE
17. QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE - SPORT AND RECREATION FACILITY BUILDING CONTRACT PROCUREMENT
18. QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE - POTTERY LANE VS. 266 LONGUEVILLE ROAD
19. QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE - 266 LONGUEVILLE ROAD LEASE
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.