Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda:
Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
1) ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 23 JUNE 2022
NOTICES OF MOTION
2) NOTICE OF MOTION - NOTICE OF MOTION - UNOCCUPIED DWELLINGS IN LANE COVE Proposal that Council write to the Minister for Local Government and Minister for Planning and Homes to investigate ways to identify and to provide a financial incentive for property owners to ensure their investment property holdings are being utilised for permanent residential accommodation purpose.
3) NOTICE OF MOTION - ADDRESS REPORTED BUSHLAND ENCROACHMENTS BY PRIVATE USERS ON PUBLIC C2 LAND AND IDENTIFY EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES Proposal that Council investigate developing a public education program to ensure the community, particularly those living adjacent to bushland, understands that encroachment is unlawful and damaging, and to assist them in appreciating the values of their adjacent bushland in its natural state.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
4) TRAFFIC MODELLING POSSIBLE CLOSURE OF CANBERRA AVENUE Report to Council about traffic modelling undertaken to understand the impacts of the proposed closure of Canberra Ave.
5) SPORTS GROUND USAGE As requested by a Council resolution in January, this report provides the sports field usage patterns across all seven sports fields. It identifies winter bookings are higher than summer season bookings, in particular December – January. The summer season is predominately utilised by cricket and the winter season is dominated by soccer. The synthetic fields are being utilised to the full capacity. Natural grass fields with lighting for training are being used to capacity, while sports fields without lights have potential future capacity if they are upgraded. Current Council sports fields are being fully utilised at their current setup / layout / lighting provisions.
6) COUNCILLOR TRAINING ATTENDANCE REQUEST - LOCAL GOVERNMENT NSW EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE FOR ELECTED MEMBERS Proposal to allow Councillors to undertake professional training.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
7) THE CANOPY INTERNATIONAL AWARD - BEST CEILING IN ARCHITIZER A+AWARDS The mirrored ‘periscope’ ceiling at The Canopy has recently won two Awards at the prestigious International Architizer A+Awards.
8) COUNCIL SNAPSHOT JUNE 2022 Shares important information about Council's operations. For example, due to Council been unable to recruit a staff member for tree management, Council is behind its schedule for tree assessments.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.