Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda:
Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
1) ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 19 MAY 2022
NOTICES OF MOTION
2) NOTICE OF MOTION - DUPLEX PROPERTY TITLE IN LANE COVE R2 AREAS Proposal that Council prepare a Planning Proposal to permit strata sub-division of approved dual occupancy dwellings that are registered as either company title or tenants-in-common on or before Thursday 16th June 2022.
3) NOTICE OF MOTION - RECOGNISE AND PROTECT FROM IMPACTS THE BUSHLAND ADJACENT TO THE WESTERN SIDE OF THE GOLF COURSE Proposal to identify opportunities to consolidate and extend the existing Northwood slope C2 zoning to cover adjacent remnant patches of bushland on public land.
4) NOTICE OF MOTION - IDENTIFICATION, PRESERVATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF HERITAGE ITEMS - MANNS POINT AND ENVIRONS, GREENWICH POINT WHARF AND ENVIRONS Proposal to conduct investigations of possible heritage significance at Manns Point and Greenwich Point Wharf (including Mary Carlson Park).
5) NOTICE OF MOTION - COMPLIANCE WITH SLS DCP Proposal that Council affirms its support for the enforcement of the controls in Council’s Development Control Plan for all Development Applications lodged for the St Leonards South Precinct.
6) NOTICE OF MOTION - COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION IN LANE COVE LOCAL PLANNING PANELS TO REVIEW PLANNING PROPOSALS Several proposals to make it easier for residents to get information and view via webcast the deliberations of the Lane Cove Local Planning Panel.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
7) DRAFT SUSTAINABILITY ACTION PLAN Proposal that the Revised Draft Sustainability Action Plan 2022 - 2025 dated May 2022 be endorsed for the purposes of public exhibition and be placed on public exhibition for six (6) weeks.
8) ST LEONARDS SOUTH DCP AMENDMENT - PART STOREYS Proposal to define 'part-storeys' in the St Leonards South Development Control Plan.
9) NAME SELECTED FOR ST LEONARDS NEW GREEN SPACE Proposal to make a submission to the Geographical Names Board to name the new green space in St Leonards ‘Wadangarri Park' - Wadangarri reflects the prominent plantings and the Banksia design features of the new playground by using the word ‘Banksia’ from Sydney Aboriginal Language.
10) TRAFFIC COMMITTEE - MAY 2022 Proposal to adopt recommendations from recent Traffic Committee meetings.
11) SUSTAINABILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE NOMINATION - YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE Proposal to endorse Alex Vaccher as the Youth Representative on the Sustainability Advisory Committee.
12) DRAFT COMMUNITY GARDEN POLICY AND DRAFT COMMUNITY GARDEN GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES Proposal that Council adopt the Draft Community Garden Policy and Draft Community Gardens Guidelines and Procedures dated June 2022 for the purpose of public exhibition.
13) GREENPOWER CAMPAIGN Proposal that Council co-ordinate a switch to GreenPower campaign launching in July 2022 for the Lane Cove Local Government Area.
14) CONSULTATION RESULTS ON THE DRAFT 2022/23 DELIVERY PROGRAM AND OPERATIONAL PLAN, DRAFT 2022/23 BUDGET AND DRAFT 2022/23 SCHEDULE OF FEES & CHARGES Proposal that Council adopt the Draft 2022/23–2024/25 Delivery Program and 2022/23 Operational Plan, including the Draft 2022/23 Budget and Draft 2022/23 Schedule of Fees and Charges and an updated Long Term Financial Plan.
15) CONSULTATION RESULTS ON THE REVISED DRAFT COMMUNITY STRATEGIC PLAN 2035 Proposal that Council adopt the Revised Draft Community Strategic Plan, Liveable Lane Cove 2035.
16) DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION REFERENCE GROUP Proposal that Council endorse the formation of the Digital Transformation Working Group to support the development of Council’s digital communications and call for expressions of interest for community representatives on the Group.
17) 2022 LOCAL GOVERNMENT NSW CONFERENCE MOTIONS, VOTING DELEGATES AND ATTENDANCE Proposal to nominate Council’s three (3) voting delegates for motions before the LGNSW Annual Conference.
18) LOCAL GOVERNMENT REMUNERATION TRIBUNAL ANNUAL REPORT AND DETERMINATION - COUNCILLOR FEES Proposal to confirm Councillors fees for 2022/2023 financial years. Councillors to be paid $21,100 and the Mayor an additional $46,010 (Drinks are on me!).
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
19) COUNCIL SNAPSHOT MAY 2022 A snapshot of everything Council does. For example, 42 volunteers gave 111.5 hours of time to pot 500 plants and prepare 16 seed trays.
MATTERS RECOMMENDED BY THE GENERAL MANAGER TO BE CONSIDERED IN CLOSED COMMITTEE
20) CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS - SENIOR STAFF MATTER