Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
1. ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 23rd FEBRUARY 2023
2. MAYORAL MINUTE - MEETING WITH LOCAL GOVERNEMENT NEW SOUTH WALES (LGNSW)This Mayoral Minute advises Council of the local community matters raised in a meeting between Councillor Roenfeldt, the General Manager and the Mayor with the LGNSW President and CEO.
3. MAYORAL MINUTE - TAKING ACTION AGAINST THE SALE OF VAPING AND E-CIGARETTE PRODUCTS TO CHILDREN AND TEENAGERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE This Mayoral Minute aims to contribute to creating a safer environment for our children and teenagers through the prevention of sale of vaping products to minors.
ORDERS OF THE DAY
NOTICES OF MOTION
4. NOTICE OF MOTION - URGENT ACTION TO ADDRESS LACK OF BULK BILLING GENERAL PRACTICES IN LANE COVE This Notice of Motion recommends Council write to the Federal Minister for Health and the local Federal Member of Parliament to urge them to review the Medicare rebate in regard to bulk billing.
5. NOTICE OF MOTION - PUBLIC REPORTING OF COUNCILLOR BRIEFING AND MEETING ATTENDANCE This Notice of Motion recommends a report come back to Council detailing what would be involved in including a breakdown of Councillor attendance to Councillor briefings/workshops on the Council website.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
6. SPORT AND RECREATION FACILITY - MARCH 2023 PROGRESS REPORT Proposal to endorse the updated design for the Sport and Recreation Facility. Secondly, proceed with Stage 1 procurement of a Demolition, Sediment Control and Bulk Earthworks contractor (Early Works) and Stage 2 procurement of a Construction Contractor (Major Works), with five contractors selected from the Expression of Interest process
7. MELBOURNE CUP SCREENING CONSULTATION OUTCOMES Council to determine how to proceed screening or not screening the Melbourne Cup horse race.Council received a total of 313 responses received via survey (249 responses), email (3 responses) and a petition (61 responses) with 63% in support of the continued screening of Melbourne Cup and 37% against.
8. FOSSIL FUEL ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP POLICY - CONSULTATION OUTCOMES Council to determine whether toexpand the ‘Principles for Seeking Sponsorship’ in Council’s Sponsorship Policy to include a ban on sponsorship arrangements with property developers; determine whether to expand the ‘Principles for Seeking Sponsorship’ in Council’s Sponsorship Policy to include a ban on other potential sponsor groups such as companies whose main business relates to gambling, alcohol, or tobacco.
9. PARTIAL ROAD CLOSURE - BERRY LANE - COMMUNITY CONSULTATION Proposal that Council formally resolves to close that part of Berry Lane (Southern End), commencing at a point aligned with the Northern Boundary of 26 Park Road and 27 Berry Road, St Leonards and terminating at the intersection with River Road.
10. RESULTS OF THE FOOD ORGANICS TRIAL Proposal that That Council receive and note the report.This trial was an important first step in the transition to a food collection service, however there is still considerable pre-work required in terms of modelling and planning for optimal service arrangements. Council will continue to work with the Northern Sydney Waste Alliance to engage with industry to look at best options for the future.
11. PROPOSED VOLUNTARY PLANNING AGREEMENT FOR AREAS 22 AND 23 - ST LEONARDS SOUTH PRECINCT Proposal that Council enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement with JQZ Twelve Pty Ltd in respect of the development of Areas 22 and 23 (26-50 Park Road, 27-47 Berry Road, and 48-54 River Road) at the St Leonards South Precinct as outlined in the report.
12. TRAFFIC COMMITTEE - FEBRUARY 2023 Proposal to adopt traffic changes at Tambourine Bay Rd, Vista Lane, Birdwood Ave, Wardrop Street, Orion Road and multiple regulatory signposting and line marking changes.
13. 2024 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTIONS Council to reconsider the motion adopted in December 2022 ad the NEW Electoral Commissioner also requires that Council enter into an agreement to hold any Council Polls or Constitutional Referenda.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
14. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT FEBRUARY 2023 Fun facts such as Council has $129.56 million in bank, $3,291 was redeemed from Lane Cove Gift Cards and 91.68 tonnes of paper and cardboard was collected via our blue bin collection.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.
P.S. Did you know - you can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter? Please feel free to share this email with neighbours, family and friends who would like to keep up to date with what is happening in our area.