NEWS: The Public Forum is back to online due to COVID :( For details - CLICK HERE
Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda in writing
MATTERS RECOMMENDED BY THE GENERAL MANAGER TO BE CONSIDERED IN CLOSED COMMITTEE
1. MAYORAL MINUTE - GENERAL MANAGER'S PERFORMANCE REVIEW FOR 2020/21 Results of the performance review of Council's General Manager is discussed in closed committee as this is a review of an individual.
MOTIONS ON NOTICE
2. BLACKMAN PARK SKATE PARK Proposal that Council investigate the expansion of the skate park at Blackman Park.
3. VANDALISATION OF COUNCIL PROPERTY Proposal by Liberal Councillors Bennison and Brooks-Horn that the Greens Candidates for Lane Cove Council be sent a bill to clean some graffiti that criticised Liberals and promoted voting for Greens. (Personally, this is not at all politically motivated "To be read in a sarcastic tone")
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
4. ELECTION OF MAYOR, DEPUTY MAYOR AND COUNCILLOR REPRESENTATION ON COUNCIL & EXTERNAL COMMITTEES UNTIL THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION IN DECEMBER 2021 Even thought elections have been postponed to 4th December 2021, under the Local Government Act we still need to hold an election for Mayor and Deputy Mayor.
5. PLANNING PROPOSAL 38 - 46 NICHOLSON STREET, ST LEONARDS - POST EXHIBITION Proposal to Council adopt Planning Proposal No 38 at 38-46 Nicholson Street, St Leonards.
6. TENDER FOR SUPPLY OF ELECTRICITY - 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY Proposal that Council authorise the General Manager to enter into a contract on behalf of Council with the preferred tenderer from the Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (SSROC) Request for Tender for the purchase of electricity utilising 100% renewal energy.
7. TRAFFIC COMMITTEE - AUGUST 2021 Proposal for traffic changes on Kyong Street/Parkland Avenue, Longueville Road, Lloyd Rees Drive, Gordon Crescent, Bent Lane, Taylors Lane, Kooyong Road and Sera Street.
8. 2021 AUSTRALIAN LIVEABILITY CENSUS - PLACE SCORE Presentation of a report on how Lane Cove performed in the Australian Liveability Census.
9. PROPOSED VOLUNTARY PLANNING AGREEMENT FOR AREAS 7 TO 11 - ST LEONARDS SOUTH PRECINCT Proposal that Council enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement with Silver Pond Investments Pty Ltd ATF Silver Pond Unit Trust in respect of the development of Areas 7 to 11 (21-41 Canberra Avenue and 18-32 Holdsworth Avenue St Leonards) at the St Leonards South Precinct.
10. 2021 LOCAL GOVERNMENT NSW ANNUAL CONFERENCE Council to nominate three (3) voting delegates for the Local Government NSW Annual Conference, scheduled for 29 November 2021
11. EP&A REGULATION 2021 - PROPOSED CHANGES Proposal that Council support the proposed changes in the draft Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021, subject to raising opposition to any relaxation of the need for BASIX Certificates in relation to residential uses (large boarding house, seniors housing, group home or hostels) given the role BASIX plays in ensuring buildings have lower operational emissions footprints.
12. ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR 2020/2021 - REFERRAL FOR AUDIT Proposal that Council releases the draft 2020/21 Financial Statements for external audit purposes, pursuant to section 413 of the Local Government Act 1993.
13. VEOLIA WOODLAWN ECO-PRECINCT RECOVERY PEFORMANCE Update on the correct figures for red bin waste processed through the Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) plant at Woodlawn resulted in 36% of processed waste diverted from landfill.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
14. COVID-19 UPDATE - SEPTEMBER 2021 This report provides an update on Council’s response activities in relation to the outbreak of novel coronavirus virus (COVID-19).
15. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT AUGUST 2021 A summary of what Council does for our community. For example, during the month of August, Council has collected 621 tonnes of red bin waste (Of which ~36% gets diverted away from landfill via the Veolia Mechanical Biological Treatment plan at Woodlawn), 160 tonnes of mixed containers (yellow bin) recycling, 105 tonnes of paper/cardboard (blue bin) recycling, 232 tonnes of vegetation (green bin) recycling, 78 tonnes of bulky clean up and 3 tonnes of metals recycling.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.