The next Ordinary Council Meeting of Lane Cove Council is this THURSDAY 24th November at 7pm.
Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda:
Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
1. ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 27 OCTOBER 2022
NOTICES OF MOTION
2. NOTICE OF MOTION - CONVERTING COUNCIL CHAMBERS MEETING ROOM TO MULTI FUNCTIONAL PERFORMANCE SPACE: Proposal to conduct a community workshop on converting Council Chambers into a multi-purpose performing arts space/theatre. Secondly, for Council staff to investigate Development Application requirements for such a change of use. Thirdly, for Council staff to make recommendations on how the project can proceed.
3. NOTICE OF MOTION - PARKING NEAR DEVELOPMENT SITES FOR BUSINESSES PROVIDING MEDICAL SERVICES: Proposal for large developments requiring Sydney North Planning Panel (SNPP) approval, that Council as part of its assessment process, identify and/or upon request, businesses that provide medical services and discuss with them concerns that may impact the provision of medical services due to the pending approval of the development.
4. NOTICE OF MOTION - SECURITY CAMERAS AND SECURITY GENERALLY OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD Proposal that the General Manager and/or the Mayor discuss at the next North Shore Police Area Command meeting the possible installation of security cameras at the entrance/exit points of our LGA and/or other measures that would assist Police in catching criminals.
5. NOTICE OF MOTION - COMMUNITY ORGANISATIONS CONSULTATION Proposal that the General Manager contact the President of the Lane Cove Chamber of Commerce with the express purpose of arranging a community forum that explains the different types of structures that best represent community members interests.
6. NOTICE OF MOTION - RISE OF ANTI-SEMITISM Proposal that the General Manager contact the Jewish Board of Deputies and the Sydney Jewish Music to develop appropriate strategies that addresses the concerns of antisemitism and that Lane Cove Council provide the use of its Library facilities for this purpose.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
7. PRESENTATION OF AUDITED ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS - YEAR ENDED 30 JUNE 2022 Proposal that Council receive and note the Annual Financial Statements, together with the Auditors Report, for the year ended 30 June 2022.
8. NOTICES OF MOTION RELATING TO BUSHLAND Proposal that Council include in the next DCP review measures to reduce light spill in urban bushland. Secondly, commence development of a process to involve the community in the selection of a name for the area currently known as the Northwood Slope along the western edge of the Golf Course. Thirdly, consider increasing the current Golf Course Bush Regeneration budget by $10k in next financial year’s budget.
9. DRAFT COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY Proposal to adopt, for the purpose of public exhibition, the Draft Community Engagement Strategy.
10. LUCRETIA BATHS - OPTIONS FOR THE FUTURE Proposal to undertake Community Consultation on the future of the Baths.
11. LEP AMENDMENT NO 40 – SUBDIVISION OF EXISTING APPROVED DUAL OCCUPANCY DWELLINGS Proposal to lodge a Planning Proposal to allow owners of dual occupancies in the R2 zone of the Lane Cove local government area that were approved on or before 16th June 2022 to subdivide their properties.
12. 2022/23 BUDGET - FIRST QUARTER REVIEW Proposal to adopt variations in the budget.
13. DELIVERY PROGRAM AND OPERATIONAL PLAN - 2022/23 FIRST QUARTER REVIEW Proposal that the First Quarter Review of the 2022/23 Delivery Program and Operational Plan be received and noted. This report provides an update on the progress of all Council projects and initiatives.
14. LANE COVE COUNCIL DRAFT ANNUAL REPORT 2021/22 Proposal that Council adopt the Draft Annual Report at for 2021/22; The adopted Annual Report be forwarded to the Minister for Local Government; and The Annual Report be published on Council’s website.
15. ANNUAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY RESULTS 2022 Each year Council undertakes a Customer Satisfaction Survey which aims to understand and identify the community’s satisfaction with Council’s performance across various service areasincluding planning and development, maintenance of roads and footpaths, parks and open space, and community services and facilities in accordance with Council Community Strategic Plan. It alsoidentifies the community’s overall level of satisfaction with Council performanceand analysesthe community’s contact with Council and satisfaction with Council’s customer service.This year Council achieved and overall satisfaction index of 6.90 against a target of 7.
16. ADDITIONAL DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION REFERENCE GROUP AND LANE COVE FESTIVAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS Recommendations for new committee members.
17. GREENWICH POINT WHARF UPGRADE - UPDATE Summary or responses received from TfNSW.
18. GOLF COURSE ALTERNATE OPERATING MODEL - 12 MONTH UPDATE Update on the operations of the Lane Cove Golf Course.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
19. INTERNAL AUDIT COMMITTEE - 2021/22 ANNUAL REPORT Proposal that Council receive and note the Internal Audit Committee Annual Report for year ended 30 June 2022. The Annual Report highlights the role, focus and achievements of the Committee over the past financial year. It is recommended that Council receive and note the Internal Audit Committee Annual Report for year ended 30 June 2022.
20. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT OCTOBER 2022 A collection of geeky facts about all the wonderful things our Council does. Did you know Council has $123,979,348.71 cash in bank for all our future plans and programs? Or that the Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre recently won the 2022 AH Pierce Memorial Facility of the Year Award at the recent Aquatic and Recreation Institute (ARI NSW) awards, recognising excellence across the NSWs aquatic and recreation sector?
MATTERS RECOMMENDED BY THE GENERAL MANAGER TO BE CONSIDERED IN CLOSED COMMITTEE
21. MAYORAL MINUTE - GENERAL MANAGER’S PERFORMANCE REVIEW 2021/22 Proposal to finalise the annual performance review of the General Manager.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.