The next Ordinary Council Meeting of Lane Cove Council is this THURSDAY 27th October at 7pm.
Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda:
Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
1. ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 29 SEPTEMBER 2022
2. MAYORAL MINUTE - EVERYAGE COUNTS, INVITATION TO JOIN EVERYAGE
COUNTS COALITION Proposal that Council supports the EveryAGE Counts campaign to end ageism and join with others in our communities to create a society where every person is valued, connected and respected regardless of age.
NOTICES OF RESCISSION
3. NOTICE OF RESCISSION - CANCELLATION OF CONSULTATION FOR THE
SCREENING OF THE MELBOURNE CUP Proposal to rescind resolution 188/2022 dated 29 September 2022 that resolved for Council to undertake community consultation about future screening of the Melbourne Cup at The Canopy or The Plaza.
ORDERS OF THE DAY
NOTICES OF MOTION
4. NOTICE OF MOTION - COLLECTION FOR LOCAL WOMEN'S REFUGE FROM
SCREENING OF THE MELBOURNE CUP This Notice of Motion will only be considered if ‘Notice of Recission – Cancellation of Consultation of the Screening of the Melbourne Cup’is carried. Proposal that Council delegate to the General Manager the authority to develop a means whereby a collection be raised from the community on Melbourne Cup Day where the proceeds are given to our local women’s refuge.
5. NOTICE OF MOTION - LIVE MUSIC ZONE Proposal to create a 'Live Music Zone’ in Lane Cove.
6. NOTICE OF MOTION - REPRESENTATION FROM DEREGISTERED
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS Proposal to require any community group claiming to be an association needs to be properly registered with the NSW Department of Fair Trading. If the group is not registered, individuals could still address Council in their personal capacity.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
7. FINALISATION OF AN 8 COURT DESIGN FOR THE SPORT AND RECREATION
FACILITY AT 180 RIVER ROAD (GOLF COURSE) SITE Proposal that Council lodge a Development Application based on the 8 Court Option/Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) 5 Star Equivalent building to the Sydney North Planning Panel for determination. Note: Council cannot assess its own Development Application.
8. BOB CAMPBELL OVAL - DRAFT MASTERPLAN Proposal that Council adopt for the purpose of public exhibition, the draft masterplan for Bob Campbell Oval.
9. DCP AMENDMENT NO 21 - SETBACKS TO PEDESTRIAN LINK ST LEONARDS
SOUTH - POST-EXHIBITION REPORT Proposal that Council proceed with the proposed DCP Amendment No 21 in relation to Building Setback F along the east-west pedestrian link in the St Leonards South Masterplan.
10. DRAFT URBAN FOREST STRATEGY Proposal that Council adopt for the purpose of public exhibition, the Draft Urban Forest Strategy.
11. MINISTERIAL CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED IN RELATION TO THE ST
LEONARDS & CROWS NEST 2036 PLAN AND UNOCCUPIED DWELLINGS IN
LANE COVE The relevant Minister and the Chair of NSROC have responded to Council’s correspondence in May 2022 to regarding a review of the height and floor space ratio (FSR) controls within the St Leonards & Crows Nest 2036 Plan. Correspondence from July 2022 to write to the Minister of Planning, Anthony Roberts MP, the Minister for Local Government, Wendy Tuckerman and the NSOC Chair in relation to unoccupied dwellings and the impact on housing supply was also responded to.
12. COMMUNITY LAND PLAN OF MANAGEMENT - COMMUNITY CONSULTATION Proposal to adopt the Community Land Plan of Management following approval from the relevant Minister.
13. PROPOSED VOLUNTARY PLANNING AGREEMENT FOR AREA'S 1, 2 AND 4 -
ST LEONARDS SOUTH PRECINCT Proposal that Council enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement with New Golden St Leonards Pty Ltd in respect of the development of Areas 1,2 and 4 (1-5 Canberra Avenue, 4-8 Marshall Avenue and 2-8 Holdsworth Avenue) at the St Leonards South Precinct.
14. PROPOSED VOLUNTARY PLANNING AGREEMENT FOR AREAS 18, 19 AND 20 - ST LEONARDS SOUTH PRECINCT Proposal that Council enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement with CIFI St Leonards Pty Ltd and Greaton St Leonards Holdings Pty Ltd. in respect of the development of Areas 18,19 and 20 (21-31 Holdsworth Avenue, 22-34 Berry Road and 42-46 River Road) at the St Leonards South Precinct.
15. TRAFFIC COMMITTEE - SEPTEMBER 2022 Proposal that Council adopt the recommendations of the Lane Cove Traffic Committee Meeting held on Tuesday, 20 September 2022.
16. ST LEONARDS OVER RAIL PLAZA PROJECT - UPDATE Update on the completion of the concrete slab.
17. POLICY ON PAYMENT OF EXPENSES AND FACILITIES TO COUNCILLORS Public notice be given of the intention to amend and adopt Council’s Policy on Payment of Expenses and Provision of Facilities to Councillors, dated 29 September 2022.
18. PECUNIARY INTEREST RETURNS 2022 Proposal that Council note the Report and tabling of Pecuniary Interest Returns of Designated Staff and Councillors for the return period 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
19. ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS - YEAR ENDED 30 JUNE 2022 Proposal to adopt the Annual Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2022. The Annual Financial Statements will be placed on Council’s website for public comment; and, Council invite the Audit Office of NSW and Grant Thornton Australia to attend the Council meeting of 24 November 2022 to present the Auditors Report.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
20. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT SEPTEMBER 2022
MATTERS RECOMMENDED BY THE GENERAL MANAGER TO BE CONSIDERED IN CLOSED
21. MAYORAL MINUTE - GENERAL MANAGER’S PERFORMANCE REVIEW 2021/22 Councillors will meet to discuss the annual review of the General Manager.