Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
1. ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 21 SEPTEMBER 2023
2. MAYORAL MINUTE - DELEGATED AUTHORITY FOR THE RESURFACING OF BOB CAMPBELL OVAL AND ASSOCIATED FACILITIES: Proposal that the General Manager be delegated authority to determine the tender and enter into any contracts required for the completion of the Bob Campbell Oval Masterplan construction project.
3. MAYORAL MINUTE - FUTURE OF CAR FREE SUNDAY: Proposal to not proceed with Car Free Sunday in 2024.
ORDERS OF THE DAY
NOTICES OF MOTION
4. NOTICE OF MOTION - INVESTIGATE OPTIONS FOR REDUCING WATER USE AND IMPLEMENT FURTHER WATER SENSITIVE URBAN DESIGN PRINCIPLES: Proposal to investigate options for recycled and grey water opportunities in our community and further enhance urban sensitive design principles to aid in building water resilience in our LGA. These recommendations have already been made to Council to consider.
5. NOTICE OF MOTION - LANE COVE GALLERY SHELTER STRUCTURE: Proposal to consider a shade/shelter structure at Lane Cove Gallery.
6. NOTICE OF MOTION - CLIMATE SUMMIT REPORT AND CLIMATE EMERGENCY STRATEGY: Note the contents of the key takeaways report and associated PowerPoint presentations by speakers at the recent Cities Power Partnership Climate Summit for Local Government 2023, presented by Councillor Bryla and Kennedy.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION\
7. CONSULTATION RESULTS FOR CLOSURE OF CANBERRA AVENUE: Proposal to formally resolves to close that part of Canberra Avenue at its intersection with Duntroon Avenue and integrate the land into Newlands Park; construct a roundabout at the Canberra Avenue/Duntroon Avenue intersection; and develop Masterplan for the upgrade of Newlands Park.
8. 14 GAY ST - RESULTS OF INVESTIGATIONS AND OPTIONS FOR FUTURE USE:Proposal to undertake community consultation in line with the community consultation strategy outlined in the report, on three (3) options for the future use of the 14 Gay Street property:
- Sub-divide the property into two (2) lots with the rear portion of the site being zoned as Bushland (C2) and the front portion of the site being zoned as residential land (R2) and construct a best practice sustainable home that can be used as a demonstration home before ultimately being sold to recoup part of the land acquisition costs.
- Sub-divide the property into two (2) lots with the rear portion of the site being zoned as Bushland (C2) and the front portion of the site being zoned as residential land (R2) andbuild two ‘micro houses’ (dual occupancy) that can be permanently used for affordable housing
- The entire lot be zoned as Bushland (C2)
9. PROPOSED SALE OF DRAINAGE RESERVE- MORRICE STREET AND TAMBOURINE BAY ROAD: Proposal to deal with a drainage reserve between Tambourine Bay Rd and Morrice Street.
10. BLACKMAN PARK SYNTHETIC SPORTS FIELD REPLACEMENT: Proposal to proceed with the replacement of the synthetic turf at Blackman Park in 2024.
11. TRAFFIC COMMITTEE - SEPTEMBER 2023: Proposed traffic changes on Bay Street, Burns Bay Road, Kenneth Street, Lloyd Rees Drive and Chisholm Street.
12. BLACKMAN PARK SKATE PARK DEMOLITION AND CONSTRUCTION: Proposal to award tender for the upgraded Skate Park at Blackman Park.
13. COUNCIL POLICIES REVIEW: Proposal to adopt the following revised policies:
a) Revised Draft Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
b) Revised Draft Health and Safety Policy
c) Revised Draft Events Management Policy
d) Revised Draft Financial Hardship Policy
14. ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS - YEAR ENDED 30 JUNE 2023: Proposal to adopt the Annual Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2023.
15. ADDITIONAL 2023 LOCAL GOVERNMENT NSW CONFERENCE VOTING DELEGATE FOR MOTIONS: Proposal that Council nominate one additional Councillor as a voting delegate for motions only before the 2023 LGNSW Annual Conference.
16. PECUNIARY INTEREST RETURNS 2023: Proposal that Council note the report and tabling of Pecuniary Interest Returns of Designated Staff and Councillors for the return period 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
17. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT - SEPTEMBER 2023: An array of wonderful facts, figures and pretty graphs about what Council is doing for our community.
QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE
18. QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE - CANBERRA AVENUE
MATTERS RECOMMENDED BY THE GENERAL MANAGER TO BE CONSIDERED IN CLOSED COMMITTEE
19. MAYORAL MINUTE - GENERAL MANAGER'S PERFORMANCE PLAN 2023/24 Councillors to adopt KPI's for the General Manager for 2023/2024.