Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda:
MATTERS RECOMMENDED BY THE GENERAL MANAGER TO BE CONSIDERED IN CLOSED COMMITTEE
1) UPDATE ON THE LONG TERM LEASE OF 266 LONGUEVILLE RD TO DESIGN, CONSTRUCT AND OPERATE A SENIORS LIVING VILLAGE.
It is recommended that the Council close so much of the meeting to the public as provided for under Section 10A(2) (c) of the Local Government Act, 1993, on the grounds that the report contains information that would, if disclosed, confer a commercial advantage on a person with whom the council is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business; it further being considered that discussion of the matter in open meeting would be, on balance, contrary to public interest by reason of the foregoing.
Members of the public may address the Council Meeting on any issue for 3 minutes.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
2) ORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 21 FEBRUARY 2022
3) EXTRAORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING - 28 FEBRUARY 2022
NOTICES OF MOTION
4) NOTICE OF MOTION - THRIVE BY FIVE UNIVERSAL CHILDCARE A proposal to endorse the Thrive by Five campaign to support high-quality, universally accessible and affordable early learning and childcare.
5) NOTICE OF MOTION - PLANT PROTEIN PROCUREMENT REPORT A proposal to investigate how Council can transition their catering procurement process to prioritise more plant-based offerings in order to reduce the volume of meat being ordered and served at Council functions and events, as well as in Council managed facilities (e.g. - childcare centre Kindy Cove).
6) NOTICE OF MOTION - REPORT INTO AFFORDABLE COUNCIL CHILDCARE A proposal to investigate how Council can provide means tested subsidies from council for low income local families to improve the affordability of childcare options at Kindy Cove; investigate feasibility of expanding the number of places on offer at Kindy Cove to further accommodate dedicated subsidised places; and complete a cost benefit analysis of bringing the management of those facilities back in house at the end of their contract and offering dedicated subsidised places for low income families.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
7) BOB CAMPBELL OVAL MASTERPLAN RE-DESIGN - PROCUREMENT OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL CONSULTANTS Proposal for Council to authorise the General Manager to engage Taylor Brammer Pty Ltd to undertake the Master Plan design for Bob Campbell Oval.
8) PROGRESSSION OF A SPORT AND RECREATION FACILITY Proposal that Council endorse the proposed activities and indicative time frames for a facility to meet the demand for indoor sporting facilities in the Lane Cove area.
9) NAMING OF ST LEONARDS NEW GREEN SPACE Proposal to go to public consultation to choose a name for the new St Leonards New Green Space (Currently called St Leonards Plaza).
10) CREATION OF A ST LEONARDS SOUTH COORDINATION UNIT - FURTHER REPORT A response to the February Council meeting on how to provide enhanced monitoring of the St Leonards South precinct.
11) RATES - ADDITIONAL SPECIAL VARIATION FOR 2022-23 A proposal for Council to endorse making an application to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal, under Section 508(2) of the Local Government Act, 1993, for a permanent single year Special Rate Variation of 2.0% (including the rate peg of 0.7%) for the 2022/23 financial year.
12) LANE COVE COMMUNITY LAND PLAN OF MANAGEMENT (CROWN RESERVES WITH COUNCIL MANAGER) Proposal to proceed to exhibit the updated “Plan of Management (Crown Reserves with Council Manager) for public consultation.
13) PROPOSED VOLUNTARY PLANNING AGREEMENT FOR AREA 5 - 13-19 CANBERRA AVENUE, ST LEONARDS - ST LEONARDS SOUTH PRECINCT Proposal for Council to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement with SLS Five Pty Ltd as trustee for SLS Five Trust in respect of the development of Area 5 (13-19 Canberra Avenue St Leonards) at the St Leonards South Precinct.
14) REVIEW OF ORGANISATION STRUCTURE Proposal for Council to adopt an updated organisation structure.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
15) PECUNIARY INTEREST RETURNS 2022 Confirmation that all Pecuniary Interest Returns of Designated Staff and Councillors have been submitted.
16) COUNCIL SNAPSHOT FEBRUARY 2022 A great summary of the many and various Council projects and programs underway.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.
Mayor Andrew Zbik