Thank you for watching, as always, please share any feedback with me.
Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda in writing
NOTICES OF MOTION
2. BOB CAMPBELL OVAL Proposal by Councillor Vissel that Council pause the current Synthetic Turf Project and undertake a comprehensive investigation of a natural turf alternative as outlined in Dr. Mick Battam’s report, to allow Councillors to make an informed decision as to the optimal surface of Bob Campbell Oval to meet the demands of all users.
3. TENDER FOR CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION OF SYNTHETIC SPORTS FIELD AND LANDSCAPE WORKS - BOB CAMPBELL OVAL Proposal for Council to award a tender for the provision of Construction and Installation of Synthetic Sports Field and associated infrastructure at Bob Campbell Oval to Synergy Turf Manufacturing Pty Ltd for an amount of $3,293,692.33 ex GST;
4. ST LEONARDS OVER RAIL PLAZA PROJECT - POST EXHIBITION Proposal that Council take on feedback from submissions on the open space design to be considered in finalising the design; and Council commit to construction of the project and allocate funding as required.
5. LANE COVE COMMUNITY PANEL REPORT Council acknowledge the report prepared by the Community Panel advising on the future of the Lane Cove Golf Course. That Council Prepare a Response Document and commit to a Recall Day Session with the Community Panel to finalise Stage 1 of the Strategic Engagement Plan.
6. GOLF COURSE ALTERNATE OPERATING MODEL That Council endorse the alternate operating model outlined by the Lane Cove Golf Club for the Lane Cove Golf Course.
7. DRAFT LOCAL HOUSING STRATEGY - POST EXHIBITION That Council endorse the Draft Local Housing Strategy (LHS) subject to the amendments outlined in the report.
8. INFRASTRUCTURE CONTRIBUTIONS SYSTEM - STATE GOVERNMENT PROPOSED CHANGES Proposal for Council to make a submission to the Parliamentary Upper House Enquiry on State Government changes to the Section 7.11 Developer Infrastructure Contributions system in NSW.
9. NSW GOVERNMENT WASTE STRATEGY - FOOD ORGANICS Council is undertaking a food organics collection trial for 4 months commencing in mid-September 2021. Proposal to have a report on the findings of the food organics trial be presented to Council at the conclusion of the project.
10. TRAFFIC COMMITTEE - JUNE 2021 Various proposals to change traffic conditions on Osbourne Rd, Hamilton St, Austin St, Centennial Ave, Mowbray Rd, Little St, Crowther Ave, Longueville Rd, Gordon Cres and Willandra Rd.
11. LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE EVENT SPONSORSHIP REQUEST Proposal for Council offer to partner with the Lane Cove Sustainability Action Group to deliver the event ‘Climate Disruption – benefits of acting now’ to be held on 7 October 2021 through Council’s Sustainability Event Series resulting in the cost of the event being fully covered by Council.
12. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT JUNE 2021 A great summary of what Council does. For example, Council was awarded a grant of $142,000 as part of the Greater Sydney Open Space Activation Fund. This will be used to upgrade existing sandstone bush steps in our bushland areas.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.