When it came to the traffic on Burns Bay Rd and Centennial Ave, the State Government made a decision, then carried out a sham public consultation and ignored us anyway.
NSW Shadow Minister for Roads, Jodi McKay will visit Lane Cove to meet with local residents to listen to their concerns.
- Friday 23rd March
- Meet at 8am
- Meet in the Shell Service Station carpark (Corner of Burns Bay Rd and Penrose Street)
Let's get this straight. We are not against clearways on Burns Bay Rd and Centennial Ave.
What we are against is:
1) Excessive clearways hours based on traffic numbers that don't warrant the operation of clearways elsewhere in Sydney.
2) That community feedback asking for an additional left turn lane at Penrose Street into Burns Bay Rd have been ignored.
3) That community feedback asking for right turn signals at the Fig Tree & Barwon Rd traffic signals have been ignored.
4) That community feedback for a pedestrian crossing at Oak Ave & Gentle St have been ignored.